Select Page

Some mind blowing context as to the futility of this Paris suicide mission from climate believer Bjorn Lomborg. Keep in mind that with America out of Paris and India and China running pretty much business as usual, there’s 50% of global emissions right there. So what the hell does Australia actually think it’s doing?


“…As for the 2c target, keeping the global temperature rise below that requires a reduction in emissions during this century of almost 6000 billion tonnes. The UN body that oversees the Paris Agreement has estimated that even if every single country (including the US) were to achieve every national promise by 2030, the total greenhouse gas cut would be equivalent to just 60 billion tonnes of CO2.

This means that even if completely successful, with the US re-joining tomorrow and every nation doing every single thing promised, the Paris treaty makes 1 per cent of progress towards the target of 2c Even in an implausibly optimistic best-case scenario, Paris leaves 99 per cent of the problem in place….”

“…According to the UN’s own climate model, the difference between a world with all the promised Paris cuts and one without them is just 0.05C. Even if every nation including the US extended its carbon cut promises past 2030 and kept them going throughout the century, temperatures would drop by less than 0.2C..”

“..Japan promised to cut emissions by 18 per cent below 1990 levels by 2030, but the analysis finds that it is on target to cut just 4 per cent. The EU vowed to cut emissions to 40 per cent below its 1990 level by 2030 but has enacted policies that will reduce less than half that: 19 per cent. Even including pledged policies, it will make it to less than 30 per cent…”