Great column by Mark Latham. As usual he skewers the problem
Gotta be the read of the day….Get the full guts of it the link..
“…Malcolm Turnbull is living in a world of delusion. He claims to be governing from “the sensible centre” of Australian politics, as a true heir to the Menzies Liberal Party legacy.
Yet the evidence suggests, inside the institutions of the federal government, that leftist ideology is rampant — spreading the virus of political correctness and cultural Marxism to most parts of the public sector. Turnbull is simply a spectator to this process.
He has lost control of the administration of his government within the Commonwealth bureaucracy, seemingly powerless to assert traditional Liberal values.
As these massive changes swirl around him, Turnbull has become a bit player: the political equivalent of a cud-chewing cow watching the passing traffic.
The leftist takeover of institutions has been so quick and comprehensive that the Liberals are paralysed by inaction. The Turnbull faction quite likes the changes, so it sees no need to fight. While the more conservative Abbott Liberals are hostile in principle, they are accustomed to defending institutions, rather than recapturing them.
Their instinct is for gradual change and continuity, rendering them ineffective in the culture war trenches.
When will this madness end?
What can be done to save our country and its institutions from segregationist identity politics?
To reclaim our country, we need parliamentarians willing to implement five key reforms:
1. For smaller, less intrusive government: abolish the AHRC, SBS and Marxist gender-theory outfits like Our Watch.
2. The ABC must be democratised, sidelining the leftist/incestuous employment cabal currently running it. By allowing all Australians the opportunity to blog, podcast and webcast on the national broadcaster’s platforms, the public would decide who becomes an “ABC personality” and presenter (rather than the powerful Jones and Cassidy families).
3. Introducing laws that prohibit segregation in Australia, thereby abolishing abominations like “safe spaces” and non-white “multicultural” playgroups.
4. Outlawing employment practices based on anything other than meritocracy; that is, getting rid of identity quotas in the Australian workplace.
5. Refusing to fund universities and schools that base their course work and teaching programs on neo-Marxism. This would end the anti-Enlightenment push at sinkhole universities like La Trobe, Deakin and Western Sydney. The five things that will save our country